Become a Sustaining Member
Our Sustaining Members keep us going! The average donation of just $7 per month allows us to keep our cats and dogs happy and healthy until they find their forever home.
It costs about $5,000 per month to keep us going! Things like heating in the winter, cooling in the summer, and animal food and medicine all year round do not come cheap. And unlike most animal shelters in Iowa, we receive zero public funding. Sustaining Members help us to provide the best possible care, 365 days per year.
We use a secure online payment processor to keep your information protected, and we do not sell your information.
Or donate with PayPal -->
You can pay with Apple Pay if you visit this site on Safari while on your Mac, iPhone or iPad.
In-kind donations are greatly appreciated. Anything can be dropped off at the shelter. Contact us if you'd like a large quantity of items to be picked up.
The biggest wishes are toys and treats for both the cats and the dogs. We do not buy them as part of the shopping for the shelter. The only way they get them is through donations.
Dog toys and treats
- Kong like toys
- Rope tug toys
- Tennis Balls
- No soft toys as they just de-stuff them and some will eat the stuffing
- Training treats
Cat toys and treats
- catnip mousies
- plain catnip in bags
- laser toy pointers
- birdie toys on sticks with feathery things
- anything they can scratch their claws on...cardboard scratchers, sisal rope scratchers or chunks of carpet
- Laundry soap for an HE washer
- Dryer sheets
- Dawn Dish Soap
- Magic Erasers
- Baking Soda
- White Vinegar
- Paper Towels
- Toilet paper (for the volunteers)
- Tall kitchen trash bags
- Large 33 gallon trash bags
- New brooms
- can openers
- Brooklyn Farm and Family Vet
- Grinnell Vet Clinic
- All Pets Clinic
- Kum and Go
- Dog or cat beds
- Fleece blankets (fleece can not be shredded :)
- Cat Litter any kind, clay or clumping