Coming Summer 2017!
A dog park for the whole community
- Budget: $40,000.
- Annual running cost: $5-7k
- Largest item is fencing (approx. $25k).
- 100% funded by donations.
- Site preparation begins in June.
- Construction begins in July.
Endorsement from Poweshiek County (link)
Endorsement from City of Grinnell (see pages 14-16)
Contributions received with thanks from private donors as well as:
- 1st State Bank
- Great Western Bank
- U Iowa Community Credit Union
- Grinnell Lions Club
- Grinnell Veterinary Clinic
- Lions Club
- Grinnell Medical Regional Center
- 2.5 acre off-leash dog park.
- Separate fenced small dog area
- Agility training equipment (obstacles, jumps, etc).
- Located on PALS’ four acre property, just south of Brownell’s
- Owned and operated by PALS
- $30 annual membership per household
- Free membership with donations!
Employee benefits for employers/organizations (see below)
Let's make it happen!
Help us get to $40k. Donations over $100 come with PALS Park membership.
Or by mail to PALS Park, PO Box 123, Grinnell IA, 50112
Other ways to help
- Funding, advice, supplies and/or labor all welcome.
- Materials needed include:
- Paving/gravel for driveway and parking
- Landscaping: brush clearing & mulch for path through wooded area
- Installation of water fountain
- Signs (park rules, etc)
Questions or suggestions?
Contact Barry Driscoll (barrydrisc at gmail dot com)
Employee benefits for businesses (donations are tax deductible)
- Biscuit Level: Less than $500
- ½ price PALS Park membership for 1 year for up to 5 employees
- Leash Level: $500
- Small sign with name on dog park fence
- Membership for 5 employees for 2 years
- Puppy level: $1,000
- Medium size sign on dog park fence
- Membership for 20 employees for first 2 years
- Dog level: $2,500
- Large sign with logo posted for 3 years
- Membership for 50 employees for 3 years
- Park Level: $7,000
- Large sign with logo posted for 5 years
- Membership for all employees for 5 years